Monday, May 10, 2010

Wrap up

I don’t have a single photo of this mother’s day, but it was wonderful – breakfast in bed with a menu of puffy oven pancakes with sautéed apples, buttered grits, strawberries, fresh coffee. Mmm, want some right now… had enough time for a short run on a cool morning (a “lake” morning: sunny, clear, and cool like the mornings in Michigan where we used to vacation for a week each summer) before Mass, where I didn’t hear a word of the homily because my kids were wiggly and constantly stepping on the open toed shoes of the lady next to us. Then home to lunch al fresco – hot dogs and chips for them, hummus on flatbread for me. Someday they’ll learn.

Then to the beach for a glorious afternoon with some friends who were nice enough to let us tag along on their family fun. The kids played in the water with black mud which made me fear that they were slathering oil all over their bodies (petroleum jelly?) but my friend said no, the mud is always there.



Everyone all crashed happily into bed after washing all that mud down the bath drain. And I sat up reading blogs, wandering if the night visitor who woke my dog last night will return:





I’m just glad it wasn’t a bad guy.

No comments:

Reading is one form of escape. Running for your life is another.
-Lemony Snicket