I know a few saintly people, but I've only been in the presence of one true saint while he was alive. Here are a couple photos from the Vatican Piazza nine years ago - it was at the beatification of Mother Teresa, which happened to be the same weekend as John Paul II's twenty-fifth anniversary and a consistory of cardinals. It was great time to be in Rome - with people from all over the world in attendance, the reality of the universal Church was visibly evident and the joy in the crowd was palpable.
Happy All Saints' Day.
All holy men and women, pray for us.
 |
| See the babies? One is my daughter and one is my cousin's baby. |
 |
| This one is actually from about1993. That's my husband's hand that JPII is holding. He had to knock down a couple nuns to get this close. |
2 comments:
I see baby Annie! And I remember when you went on that trip, and came home with John (wink wink)!
Our best souvenir!
Post a Comment