One of the pleasures of our summer vacation was visiting with my husband's sister and her family who currently live in Newfoundland, but came back to get warm and see family in OKC for a couple weeks. They love Newfoundland and love living abroad - this is their 4th country. (They are not military.) They lived in Norway shortly after their first was born, then northern England, Spain, and now Newfoundland, where they had their sixth baby shortly after LCJ was born. We were blessed to be able to take a military space available flight to see them when they lived in Spain with the whole family, but I always regret not visiting them when they lived in England. Their home base is in Houston, where they anticipate returning in a year or two - we've visited there, also, although not so exotic. I was hoping that if we got sent to DC, our whole family could make a trek up the East Coast and visit them and other cousins in New York state, but recently we've heard whispers that we'll be staying in San Diego for our next tour (about which I have mixed feelings...).
That family history is prelude to sharing some links I just came across that set me thinking that perhaps a trip east might be in order -- one is a photo journal of a trip to Prince Edward Island to visit Lucy Maud Montgomery's home and the other is a notice about a new Anne of Green Gables miniseries coming to Netflix. PEI was on my list of places to go on our honeymoon. I just googled flights and trips to Halifax aren't too, too expensive. This IS our 20th anniversary year that we keep celebrating ...
I may have to reread some LCM just in case. Or just to dream. . .
In the Shadow of the Past
3 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment