Summer, Summer, you are supposed to be a time of rest and slow, sipping days! But you are racing away, trying to steal from me those long days of pool floats and parades. Pause a moment, give us time to be bored, time to mark time with watermelon and sizzling meats and birthday cakes and ice cream. I try to catch on film what trips away all too fast, like the little children who now surprise me in grown up bodies.
In the Shadow of the Past
3 months ago

1 comment:
I feel the same way, and I don't even have children around, to watch growing up before my eyes.
July in particular is too too busy for me. I have made it that way, trying to be useful and helpful in various ways, but at the moment I wish I had put off thinking about the needs of other people a few more weeks or months... I seem to need more time, a feeling of slow time, to settle into a book, or boredom!
Post a Comment