Friday, June 4, 2010

A belated happy anniversary

From the first reading at my husband and my wedding, 14 years and 3 days ago:

4 When Tobias and Sarah were alone behind closed doors, Tobias got up from the bed and said to his wife,
         Get up, dear. Let's pray for the Lord to be merciful and to protect us.5 (B)Sarah got up so that they could pray together and ask God for his protection. Then Tobias prayed:

  
         God of our ancestors, you are worthy of praise.
   May your name be honored forever and ever
      by all your creatures in heaven and on earth.
 6 (C)You created Adam and gave him his wife Eve
      to be his helper and support.
   They became the parents of the whole human race.
   You said,
         It is not good for man to live alone.
      I will make a suitable helper for him.
  
 7 Lord, I have chosen Sarah because it is right,
      not because I lusted for her.
   Please be merciful to us
      and grant that we may grow old together.
  
8 Then they both said
         Amen9 and went to bed for the night.


From Tobit 8:4-8 

3 comments:

GretchenJoanna said...

From the looks of your family, I'd say that God has indeed blessed you and protected you, glory to His Name! Happy Anniversary!

Hope said...

Where are you - I`m missing reading your posts. I dont mean that to sound rude. Just hope all is okay.

Emily J. said...

Aw, Hope, what a happy surprise to check in here and see your comment! It's nice to be missed. I'm at my parents' farm for the month of June and have had a steady stream of relatives and friends stopping in. Plus they have slow internet that goes out during storms, which we've had the last three days - now we've got sun, so I'm going to try to post something...

I forgot to mention that my favorite wedding present was from my husband (no surprise): he lettered this verse and framed it with some pressed flowers he gave me.

Reading is one form of escape. Running for your life is another.
-Lemony Snicket