Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Talk of the town


A peek at what's been going on around here.  Looks like I haven't posted photos since before Halloween.  We've been busy around here. 
Window painting at a downtown business
A scary group
Pumpkins
A study in orange


Old Town Day of the Dead decor




Socal surfer girl. November body boarding...
Study in blue.

A small harvest



Homecoming parade watching   
Homecoming game watching.
Homecoming dance crowd watching. Let me say that my daughters will
never dress like 75% of these girls. . .  or their mothers.



Iconic roof

A Veterans' Day hike. Torrey Pines reserve.  Just us and 1000 of our closest hiking buddies.
Everyone had the same idea

It was a pretty place. You can see why people would want to go there on their day off.
And just minutes from the highway!


Even the en plein aire painting group was out.


A Torrey Pine

Cliff jumping

Beach combing

2 comments:

gretchenjoanna said...

Your little girl is getting so big! It seems like only recently that she had not even made her entrance, she was a big looming change and pulling your heart every which way.

I love the evening football game picture - it reminds me of how special it is to go to a football game at night, even if I don't enjoy football. I think it just reminds me of a pleasant high school experience.

Emily J. said...

Baby has changed a lot lately - she speaks! And she still pulls my heart every which way - but in a good way!

The football season continues - the team made it to playoffs. I am not a football fan either, but the high school home games are fun. And they are more exciting when your own child is playing! Although I worry about the physical repercussions and about some of the rougher kids who play, my son who plays has been able to use football as a way to integrate into his third high school. There are a couple nice guys he's made friends with, and it has given him a connection to his new school. It really helped ease the transition.

Reading is one form of escape. Running for your life is another.
-Lemony Snicket