During this winter of discontent, here are some scenes of winter wonder:
Snow, snow and more snow around our house. Every day we have to shovel again because more snow has fallen during the night. Each morning and each evening, I check on our pond with 2 koi who are hopefully hibernating. I add pots of hot water around the filter and the bubbler to keep them from freezing. I don't know how the fish are going to make it.
I tried to capture the glitter of the sun on the icy snow, but my camera/photo skills are not commensurate with the task.
Scenes from different days: An overlooked Christmas ornament and a snowman who since being made has been buried.
A couple weekends ago we went to Nashville to watch our daughter run at Vanderbilt. As a bonus, we visited the Country Music Hall of Fame to satisfy our middle schooler and visited with my cousin who is a Dominican sister and my college friend whose son was also running.
Taylor Swift's outfits, a retrospective of Dolly Parton's career, and Elvis's gold Cadillac were highlights of the CMHF.
Oh! And some memorabilia from Hee-Haw!
On the way home we stopped to see my parents and family, and the next day we visited the Indianapolis Museum of Art, which was free in honor of Martin Luther King Day, with our granddaughter and our son and daughter-in-law. Nothing is sweeter right now than watching that baby discover the world. She is so adorable - curious and cute.

No comments:
Post a Comment