So since I've been messing around with layout long enough to realize my incompetence, I'm just going to post a few photos.
Yesterday I was on my way to pick up my son, and a friend called to warn me about quarter sized hail falling around the school. I waited about ten minutes before leaving, and was able to witness these fabulous clouds.
My son capturing the clouds and his reflection:
The dog hides under the desk during storms:
The tropical downpour this weekend ruined what little hope I had left for doomed project. I tried planting herbs to donate to the church festival plant sale. Here’s how they looked a month ago:
And now, after all the rain and heat, sadness:
The seeds I planted in the raised bed look more pathetic. I spent about $15 to feed the snails and to prove that seedlings don't do well with too much moisture. Even the nasturtiums decline to grow. I think there may be more mulch in this bed than dirt.
On the other hand, the hydrangeas are amazing. I had nothing to do with them, or the sweet gardenias that were finished off by the thunderstorms, but I’m happy to enjoy them. Thanks, landlords.
I didn't see the tulips and daffodils I'm used to this spring, but in late April amaryllis started opening up everywhere. They're almost finished now, but here's a photo of a chain link fence with some: 
Perhaps if I had gotten out of my car, I'd have a better photo.

No comments:
Post a Comment