My husband posing with the artist who carved the elephants and rungu sticks. These are certifiably hand-carved, unlike the soapstone boxes, which came from the duty-free shop at the international airport (not the one pictured above.)
Or you might see these millipedes.
A favorite hang-out on the base
The Rat Trap is also a favorite hang-out for the vervet monkeys, which like the Skittles. As you can see, it is easy to identify male vervets.
The RC church. My husband also took a video of the entrance song to show me the difference between this African choir and the way the Notre Dame folk choir sang "Jina la Bwana," the
Magnificat in Swahili, but I can't upload it easily.
Sunset over Kenya.

2 comments:
My favorite photo is of the altar table with the crucifix and that blue color behind. I wonder what I would ask for, if someone were going to bring me a gift from Africa....
I love the turquoise chapel, too! In the video it seems an even more vivid hue, really making the roses stand out.
The kids were disappointed that dear old dad didn't bring home a vervet to add to our menagerie.
Post a Comment