Monday, December 6, 2010

Another List

Today I went to a short professional development session on "Teaching Millenials." I was hoping for a few more practical tips, but the tips were limited to "use technology" and "provide opportunities for group projects and teamwork," ideas I'm aware of, although I don't incorporate them often. The presenter focused primarily on stereotypical characteristics of the Millenial generation and the three generations preceding. I noticed that he left out one characteristic that my generation, Gen X, shares with the Millenials - we like to make playlists as gifts.  There's a "Truly Pathetic Love Song" tape still floating around in our car (which has a tape deck), one of the first gifts I gave my husband, back in college when he was getting ready to go away for a year in Rome. (Proof of Memorex's enduring quality?) We'd only been dating a few months, so maybe it was a little bold of me to send him a bunch of sappy love songs, but then he made me one, too. Sweet!!When he went away this past spring to Afghanistan, I made another love song mix, this time from the Itunes songs we have. And now, because I'm trying to butter him up, here's a list of those songs. Some are from the original mix.
  • In Your Eyes – Peter Gabriel
  • You Are the Everything – REM
  • Fall On Me –REM
  • Strong Enough – Sheryl Crow
  • I Shall Believe – Sheryl Crow
  • Better than ice cream – Sarah McLachlan
  • Don’t You Forget About Me – Simple Minds
  • Joy – The Sundays
  • All I Want is You – U2
  • Brown Eyed Girl – Van Morrison
  • Don’t Let Me Be Lonely Tonight – James Taylor
  • How Sweet It Is – James Taylor
  •  Follow Me – John Denver
  • Walking ON Sunshine – Katrina and the Waves
  • Stay – Lisa Loeb
  • Anyone Else But You – Moldy Peaches
  • Come Away With Me – Norah Jones
  • Turn Me On – Norah Jones
  • The Nearness of You – Norah Jones
  •  Livin’ On Love – Alan Jackson
  • Home - Alan Jackson
  • I’d Love you All Over Again – Alan Jackson
  • When You Say Nothing At All – Alison Krauss
  • The Lucky One – Alison Krauss
  • If I Had a Million Dollars – Barenaked Ladies
  • She Talks To Angels – Black Crowes
  • She’s Always a Woman – Billy Joel
  • You’ve Made Me so Very Happy – Blood Sweat and Tears
  • I’ll See you Soon – Coldplay
  • Longer – Dan Fogelberg
  • Crash Into Me – Dave Matthews
  • Lover Lay Down – Dave Matthews
  • Wonderful Tonight – Eric Clapton
  • More Than Words- Extreme
  • Your Song – Ewan MacGregor
  • We Make A Lot of Love – Harry Connick, Jr
  • Better Together – Jack Johnson
  • If I Could – Jack Johnson
  • Banana Pancakes – Jack Johnson
  • Do You Remember – Jack Johnson

 

 

4 comments:

BettyDuffy said...

THOSE SAME OLD SONGS??????
Aren't you sick of them yet????

LISA LOEB?????

Emily J. said...

I love them! They make me happy! I don't have time to find new songs.

BettyDuffy said...

Allow me to reprogram your Ipod when you are home at Christmas.

Melanie Bettinelli said...

Sweet! That's a great list. My favorite iTunes playlist is the one we put together for our wedding reception, which we did on the cheap without a DJ.

Reading is one form of escape. Running for your life is another.
-Lemony Snicket