Wednesday, March 13, 2013

News from the other side of the world

Woke up to the exciting news about the election of Pope Francis!  Called my mom and dad to share in their excitement.  Spent more time than I care to admit searching the internet and watching tv rebroadcasts all saying the same thing - "We don't know much about this guy."  I'm looking forward to reading more of what Pope Francis has said and written in the past.  After two scholarly popes, I wonder what Pope Francis' gift will be. Can I still get the indulgence from the Papal Blessing if I watched it several hours after it happened? The protodeacon did say it was available to users of new media. . .  I thought the conclave might last a little longer, but a quick election seems to say that this was the obvious choice.

So Viva il Papa!  May he lead the Church well.

No comments:

Reading is one form of escape. Running for your life is another.
-Lemony Snicket