Notice: No photos of cute newborn baby. Still waiting for Bambina to make her appearance. I'm now 40+2, which is really not that far overdue, but it feels like an eternity. In between the pre-term labor scare and near constant Braxton-Hicks contractions, I really thought this baby would come early. I was afraid my mom would miss the delivery. Now she's been here a week, but no trip to the delivery room has occurred. After I had a restless night Monday, my husband went to work on Tuesday and told his co-workers he would probably be leaving early. They greeted him Wednesday with a congratulatory cake to celebrate the new baby. Oops! Sorry!
I've had multiple doses of castor oil, had pressure points on my toes and ankles and fingers pinched, eaten spicy foods, walked for miles - and tried all the other tricks recommended to induce labor. The other night I dreamed I had the baby and she came out a toddler.
So we're still waiting. I'm sure there's a Lenten message in this: God's time is not our time. We cannot know the time or place of deliverance. Or patience is a virtue. Or we can't control the future. Or the suffering servant must suffer a really long time before redemption arrives. If I could think of anything besides getting this baby to be born, I'd try to come up with something wise.
In the meanwhile, my mom and I have had a good time tooling around town. We've done some thrift shopping, tried a couple recommended restaurants, spent time at Bart's Books, a used bookstore rated one of 18 of the best, although I have a hard time saying it is as impressive as some of the others on the list. I found some bookends I love of Dante and Beatrice on sale because Beatrice has had some scratches and dents. And I've caught up with laundry.
Pictures of a cute newborn to arrive soon. In the meanwhile, here are my bookends and the pretty Lenten bouquet from backyard blooms my son put together.
In the Shadow of the Past
2 months ago

3 comments:
Praying for you.
I bet the baby has come by the time I am writing this. So glad your caregivers were not pushing for intervention! My latest grandchild came 6 weeks early and beat your girl here. I doubt it's very easy to nurse and type so I won't expect to see you on here soon....
Loved seeing bougainvillea in your bouquet! It's definitely not a northern CA plant.
Oh, I feel your pain! I hope little Mistress makes her appearance in a quick, timely, and painless (!) fashion. I'll be praying for you.
Post a Comment