Some snapshots of some of our favorite Christmas gifts:
Snow in Oklahoma - a record breaking 14 inches.
Learning to ice skate
Entering the OKC art museum, warm and bright, after skating
Enough snow to sled in Indiana
Watching a calf's birth
"Our joy will be genuine only when it no longer depends on things that can be stripped from us and destroyed and when it has its basis rather in those innermost depths of our existence which no worldly power can take from us. Every external loss should turn us back to these innermost depths and better dispose us for our true life. . . The world is not a futile confusion of drudgery and pain, for all the distress the world contains is supported in the arms of merciful love; it is caught up in the forgiving and saving graciousness of our God."
-Raymond Chandler
5 comments:
Welcome back! The books sound excellent, I'll have to search them out!
I have been so looking forward to reading more of your posts and have given you a sister in faith award since I so enjoy your blog and feel that I can learn a lot from you!
Happy New Year!
http://annebender.blogspot.com/2010/01/praise-for-family-celebrations.html
I'm honored, Anne! I look forward to passing it on, but how to choose?
Your face looks so familiar; I keep thinking our paths have crossed somewhere before...
Em, loving Recovered Body. "The beginning of loss was this: every time some manner of beauty was offered and declined, the subsequent isolation each conceived was irresistible."--from "The Entrance of Sin"
Thanks for parting with the book.
Hope your trip home was uneventful.
You're so welcome Emily! Thanks for sharing your gift of writing and your love for the faith. It's a wonderful combination!
I sadly must say that I have never been anywhere in life, not a traveler...someday, maybe. So, if you've ever been to Wisconsin, perhaps our paths may have crossed. But even if they haven't, I will dream that maybe someday they will and that would be wonderful!
Anne, I have been to Wisconsin - Madison and Milwaukee area when we were living in northern Illinois. So maybe... and maybe someday our paths will cross and we'll meet as friends! Great Lakes was one of our favorite duty stations. It was so easy to be Catholic there. I'd love to go back there.
Post a Comment