Thursday, February 11, 2010

Happy Memories

In honor of the Feast of Our Lady of Lourdes, some grottoes I have loved:


The grotto at the church where my husband and I were married, a pretty little English gothic church down the street from the Christian church where my grandfather was the preacher and our family attended before we became Catholic:
from the Church's webpage



The grotto at our alma mater, where my future husband and I said more than a few prayers.  He did not propose there, like a lot of other young men, for which I'm thankful.  I wanted him to propose one night when we were walking along the Seine in Paris near another Notre Dame, but at the time we were only 20. Which in retrospect maybe would've been just fine, and a much more picturesque engagement.

1 comment:

Anne said...

Beautiful grottos. Happy feast of Our Lady of Lourdes!

Reading is one form of escape. Running for your life is another.
-Lemony Snicket