We have now experienced our first Mardi Gras on the Gulf Coast. While we were in Virginia, we hosted a few Mardi Gras parties for our friends. Our friend from Louisiana tried to tell us what a southern Mardi Gras was like, but now we have a better idea. Our little parties didn't measure up.
The kids start to figure out the routine.
The crowd was about as interesting as the parades.
This is what 63 lbs of beads look like.
We finished off 3 bags of half-price Valentine's M&M's and a king cake in a day (with a little help from our friends with five kids.)
Then we fasted.

1 comment:
Oh, that's fantastic! I loved the Coast parades! Bay St. Louis and Waveland were my favorites. I'm so glad y'all had a good time! (We still have a million beads from the Coast. I give them to my students every year, but they never seem to decrease!)
Post a Comment